Last reviewed: Monday 27 April, 10:00
Last guidance update: Thursday 23 April, 13:30 (new bullet point for Play Safe, Stay Safe)
In the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, England Golf has announced a number of key decisions relating to all of our championships and wider golfing activities.
- All golf clubs and courses in England must now close. Insurance provided free to members via the England Golf affiliation fee is not valid during this period of course closure.
- All championship and performance events up until week commencing 27 July have been postponed with a revised and provisional schedule now in place
- England Golf’s AGM and national participation events scheduled for the spring have been postponed
- A majority of England Golf staff have been placed on furlough as part of government’s job retention scheme. Remaining staff working remotely will be available to assist counties, clubs and golfers in the weeks ahead
- When it is safe for golf to return, England Golf will work with clubs to promote a Play Safe, Stay Safe message. Read more from CEO Jeremy Tomlinson on this and our ongoing consultation with government
For full details on all these important announcements please click below:
England Golf has also compiled a number of answers to regular queries in relation to Coronavirus:
These remain extremely difficult and unprecedented times for the game of golf as well as the country in general.
England Golf remains committed to helping our golfing community adapt to the changes in lifestyle and working practices.
The pace of change and the constant updating of government and medical advice means that a continual process of re-assessment of decisions and guidelines must be undertaken.
England Golf will continue to communicate through our website, social platforms and via direct correspondence to our affiliated counties, clubs and golfers.
Away from golf, it is vital that everyone continues to follow best practice when it comes to dealing with the current outbreak of coronavirus.
For expert medical advice please refer to the following websites: